Please read the rules below. Many are set by the State, so you will be required to follow them. Others are rules that we have in place to keep everyone as safe as possible. You are responsible for knowing the rules before you come in.
Monday through Friday: 5:30 am – 7:00 pm
Weekends: 7:15 am – 1:00 pm
Maintain social distancing at all times.
· Face masks must be worn at all times, except during times of hard exertion. You need to be able to breathe while you are working out. As an example, please wear your mask until you begin your workout on the cardio equipment, at which time, you may take your mask off. Replace your face mask prior to getting off the cardio equipment once you’ve caught your breath. Please face forward while working out.
· You must have your face mask on your person at all times.
Do not come to the club if
· you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
· shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· chills or repeated shaking with chills
· muscle pain not associated with working out
· sore throat
· new loss of taste or smell
· have come in contact with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
· you have not yet quarantined for 14 days upon arrival from out of state
You MUST, MUST, MUST check in at the front desk upon arrival. The state has mandated that we keep accurate records of who is at the club and when. We are also limited as to the number of people who can be working out in each area. You must be signed in to each 30-minute time slot that you will be here indicating which room you will be in during that 30-minute time slot (you cannot go between areas within that time slot). You will need a paid membership in order to make reservations. Reservations by class or room can be made online at shelburneathletic.com. Use the reservations drop down menu to find classes or cardio/weightroom. Please do not leave phone messages or send emails regarding reservations just in case we do not receive them in time.
As of September 1, temperatures will be taken at the front desk. Do not enter the Field House or the club until your temperature has been taken. Please wait at the desk if the front desk attendant has stepped away.
Please go directly to the locker room to wash your hands before working out or attending class.
You are required to wipe down ALL equipment that you use with the rag provided to you at the front desk BEFORE AND AFTER using it. Disinfectant is now being applied to all machines each night with a professional electrostatic sprayer for added protection.
Cardio equipment has been spread throughout the club. You will find equipment in the group fitness studio, cardio area, Spinning studio and out on the field. All cardio equipment is spaced to allow for social distancing.
While in the weight room, do not use a piece of equipment next to someone else. Please leave at least one piece of equipment or at least 6′ between you and the nearest person.
Extraneous equipment has been removed from classrooms and the weight room floor. If you are in need of something you cannot find, feel free to ask at the front desk. If it can easily be sanitized after use, you may be able to use it during your workout.
The class schedule will be significantly different from what you are used to. We are trying very hard to bring back our most popular classes. In some cases, our instructors are not ready to come back. In other cases space limitations due to social distancing and the requirement that we provide 200 sq. ft. per person makes it impossible to offer everything.
Please be patient with us as we do our best during this crazy time.
Due to space limitations, classes will be held either outside or in the Field House. Because of all the work that our new owner did to the roof and ventilation system, the space is going to be great! Just think! 50,000 square feet to spread out in!
Mats and props will no longer be provided for yoga and mat Pilates. Please bring your own from home. Gently used SAC yoga mats will be for sale at the front desk for $5.
Shower and Lockers Rooms are open as of September 1, 2020 following these rules:
- No more than 6 women and 5 men will be allowed in their respective locker room at one time.
- Please continue to shower and/or change at home if at all possible to allow those who cannot the necessary time in the locker room.
- Please shower and change as quickly as possible. Do NOT stand around and talk. Be respectful of those waiting to get in.
- Bring your own towels. Towel service will not be available yet.
Sweat towels will not be provided. Please bring your own if you would like to use one.
Stretching and mat use is not allowed on the weight room floor. Please use the group fitness room for floor work.
Reformer Pilates will be limited to 5 students per class. Classes are held in the group fitness room.
Please observe maximum occupancy signs for each space.
There will be no special hours for high risk members at this time. We feel that by using the equipment which has been moved to separate rooms with plenty of space between the pieces, following the rules above, washing your hands regularly and covering your nose and mouth with your face mask when possible, your experience should be relatively safe.
According to the hours that were reported by our members via email this past week, the hours of noon – close should be pretty light.